In the heart of Gujarat’s Kutch, lies a quiet, glowing and mystical land called The White Desert. View it from the highest peak of Kutch or witness it beneath your feet, and join in the celebration called Rann Utsav.
Always filled with tourist from all over India and across the world, the locals give this one-of-a-kind desert its famed vibrancy with their art. But, wait! That’s not all! There’s something extraordinary about Rann of Kutch that will leave you in awe.
A sight that comes only once a month, a sight that can’t be recreated anywhere else in the world, a sight that introduces you to the beauty of the desert at night – The White Desert on a Full Moon Night.
The beauty of nature shines when the moon rises above the white expanse, mimicking the twinkle of millions of diamonds in a surreal display of nature’s beauty. And that is exactly what ensues, on a Full Moon Night across a dark night sky. For travelers on the hunt for a stunning spectacle, Rann Utsav gives you a unique sight to behold. A shimmering and stunning view for visitors who come here for a break, from the clichéd beaches, sunrises, mountains and hills. The unending vast expanse of White Rann, lets you witness a breathtaking scene created right beneath your feet.
Take a break and free yourself from that mundane city life and the noises that follow you everywhere. Reside in the calm, peaceful and lively Tent City to be a part of Rann Utsav and its magnificence. One of the most intriguing and unique aspects of Rann Utsav, The Tent City is the largest tent accommodation in India. It is designed in a way that it can be assembled and dismantled without compromising the eco-sensitive zone. The Tent City offers you a chance to indulge into comfort and surround yourself with luxuries.
A splendid sight of The White Desert on a full moon night and The Tent City that delights you with all modern amenities Capture the exquisite and unique side of Gujarat at Rann Utsav.
Rann Utsav brings together different people living in different parts of the state and gives them an opportunity to display their culture to the world! You will find various kinds of events and activities happening throughout the Rann of Kutch during this festival. When combined with Navratri Puja in Gujarat the idea of festive travel is witnessed on a whole new level!
Must Try Activities:
• Para-Motoring: Experience the Tent City from the air.
- ATV: Your adrenaline experiences a rush when you board the ATV – all-terrain vehicle. The adventure easily seeps in the veins to get you all excited and enjoy the true essence of the flat land.
- Trike bike ride: The three-wheeled scooter lets you enjoy the terrain and also benefit your health! Double bonus, extravagant experience!
- Paintball: The name gives the exact idea and excitement as the activity itself! Paint a war and enjoy the victory!
- Camel Cart: This clichéd idea of a desert activity will make you witness why it is so popular in the first place if you experience it here in the white desert!
- Rappelling and Rock climbing: Mount the adventure and experience the thrill as you experience a whole new side of the destination.
- Hot air balloon ride over Kutch: One of the most popular and most photographed activities of Kutch, hot air balloon ride is as exciting, romantic and adventurous as it sounds! Find your reason to be on Cloud 9!
- Segway: A fun way to traverse around the location and enjoying the technology of travel.
- Shopping ethnic handicrafts: Souvenirs here are more lively, coloured and creative.
- Star Gazing: Experience one of the most spectacular activities that are available here. Stargaze in this terrain as the blanket of stars design the sky and the blanket of white salt design the land.
- Rejuvenation Centre: Rejuvenate your senses and make use of what the location can give you to take back, more than memories and stories.